How is our Electricity made?

One of the oft-quoted items to protest the implementation of Electric Vehicles is the notion that there is an “extended tailpipe” to the Electricity supplier.  Much of this line of thinking is due to the fact that some countries use coal and gas-fired generation schemes to produce their electricity.  Manitoba by contrast produces 98% of it’s electricity via Hydro generation; the remaining 2% covers remote areas that cannot be covered by the conventional supply grid.

 

Here’s a link that shows how the U.S. produces their power, broken down into regions:

http://www.getenergyactive.org/fuel/state.htm